Indian Railways recruitment is round the year process to fill up the vacancies in one of the largest employers in the country. The recruitment is conducted by Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs). The RRBs have shifted to online recruitment applications. Many youths miss out due to incorrectly filling the application forms. The article provides a step-by-step guide on filling the online RRB application.
Prerequisites for Filling the Form
Interested candidates should ensure the following pre-requisites:
- The applicant must have a valid mobile number and email ID at the time of filling the online RRB application.
- It is important to note that the online RRB application will be rejected if applied in more than a single RRB.
- The applicant should ensure that they have the requisite/minimum educational qualification and technical qualification which the RRB is asking, before applying.
- The applicant should keep their educational certificates nearby as the marks scored need to be filled during the application.
- The applicant should keep at least 3-4 copies of the same photograph which is used for online RRB application, as these photographs will be needed later.
The step-by-step guide for filling the online RRB application form is provided below:
- Visit the official website of Indian Railways- indianrailways.gov.in
- On the homepage, click on the “CEN02/2018” link
- Click on the new registration button.
- Next step is to select the RRB for which the applicant wishes to apply.
- In preliminary registration details like educational qualification and personal information needs to be filled in
- Next stage is the activation. In this stage, the applicant is required to provide his/her mobile number and email id, post which a registration number is generated. The link for activation will be sent to the registered email id and upon clicking that link and providing the OTP sent to the registered mobile number, the registration number will be generated.
- After generating the registration number, the applicant can move to the next stage of application by logging in with their registration ID and the password.
- After logging in, the applicants can see the list of vacancies which they are eligible for, based on their educational qualifications submitted earlier.
- The applicants need to select their order of preference for the various posts. Once this is done, they need to again fill in the complete educational details, work experience details and the address to which all the further communications will be made.
- After this, the applicants will be directed to the payments page. They need to make the payment of the prescribed fee. The payment can be made using multiple options like internet banking, debit cards, credit cards etc.
- After the payment is done, a template will be generated. The applicants need to print the template. They need to affix their latest photograph on it and put their signature and left thumb impression and write the declaration/undertaking in their own handwriting.
- Once the template is filled, it must be scanned in color and in jpeg format. The file size should be between 100-200kb. The template then needs to be uploaded.
- After the upload, the system will crop and generate the final template with the photograph, thumb impression, signature and other details of the applicant. If everything is fine, then the applicant needs to click on submit and with this, the online RRB application process is completed.