RRB ALP Preparation Tips
The RRB ALP and Technician recruitment is here again and open to all prospective candidates. Information released by the Railway Recruitment Board shows that there are 26,502 slots to be filled by suitable applicants.
To increase your chances of qualifying for employment, we will furnish you with vital information about how you should prepare for the RRB ALP Exam 2018. Below is the exam pattern for the 2018 RRB ALP.
Firstly, note that the examination will take four stages and the first and second stage will be a CBT exam. The CBT exam will take into account the negative marking scheme, so you need to ensure you get the answers correctly.
The first stage CBT exam comprise of four sections whereby you will answer (75 questions within 60 minutes). Your knowledge will be tested in mathematics, General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Science, and General Awareness (Current Affairs).
RRB ALP Preparation Tips for the 1st and 2nd Stage CBT exam
- English: This is intended to test your basic knowledge of English, so you don’t need to fret about its difficulty level.
- Quantitative Aptitude: This should also be an easy test to ace as it tests the Basic Quantitative Aptitude level of applicants for Class 12 difficulty level.
- Reasoning: this aspect seeks to test your skill in the aspect of Analyzing Judgment, classifying objects, Numerical Operations, puzzles, Coding and Decoding, logical arrangement of words, and other related skills.
- Basic Science and engineering: you need to have advanced knowledge of Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, and class 12 level of biology.
- Aptitude Test for ALP: ALP aptitude test is conducted to assess your thought process. It aims to know more about the applicant’s personality, and how suitable one is for the role of Assistant Loco Pilot. This is a critical aspect of the test and applicants need to be careful when answering questions.
Further tips and preparation tips for RRB ALP and Technician
- Have a good grasp of the exam pattern – Get conversant with the pattern of the exam as well as its syllabus before your preparations.
- Proper planning – Proper planning helps to minimize error and ensures you get better results within a short period while studying.
- Aim for Precision: several mathematical formulas and problems need to be solved during the study, and you need to ensure accuracy.
- Manage time effectively– You won’t have all the time in the world to study so you need to manage your time effectively.
- Prepare study notes: You need to make study notes available as well as the reference materials you may need in the course of the study. These two are essential for successful examination preparations.
- Test your preparedness level with Mock Test – Testing your knowledge with Mock Tests helps to show you a prototype of what to expect in the real examinations. With the Mock Test, you will be able to assess your strengths and weaknesses.
- Stay Positive: stay upbeat about your chances and perform activities that will make you feel better relaxed. A yoga practice or exercise will do.